The Tale of The Fallen Windsong...

>> Saturday, August 20, 2005


Dedicated to those of you who carry the spirit of the Windsong Dragon within you... In loving memory of the only Windsong I found in my life... Angie, you'll always be a part of my life, a part of me... The time will come again when we shall see one another again... I love you with all my heart, and I will never forget you, nor let you be forgotten... I know you're watching me every day from heaven... Thank you for being here with me in spirit always...

Fallen Windsong

As seasons pass and time moves on events move to the past,
With human ways their world evolves and memories fade away,
While empires rise only to fall to them nothing seems to last,
To Dragonkind their history is but a passing of just one day...

No human lives in modern day that remembers the Windsong tribe,
For me the last of my fallen tribe that time's still fresh in mind,
My Windsong brethren were the muses and voices for the scribe,
Our only crime was that of loving till we became too blind...

We taught them ways in which to see the beauty of world,
We gave them ways to show to others the beauty that they saw,
From our wisdom the potential of humankind unfurled,
Our tutelage of every knowledge and every lore...

We gave the bards of ancient times the voices in which to sing,
We gave them tunes and lyrics in which to express their heart,
We gave them instruments in from percussions and of string,
Never did we see them use the gifts as a warcry at the start...

We gave the writers words in which to write the feelings held inside,
We gave them rhymes and poetry to inspire the wounded soul,
We gave them ways to divulge their pains they just could not confide,
Never did we see that their words would condemn us of our role...

We gave the artists a way in which to show their views own beauty,
We gave them chisels to chip at the earth and carve out solid stone,
We gave them paints to colour the world as it was our very duty,
Never did we see that our gifts would cut us to the bone...

The Windsong Dragons fell from grace for no matter what taught,
Humankind could not achieve the things the way we could,
Their envy turned to hatred and as victims we were caught,
All we wanted was to share our gifts as we knew that we should...

One by one they found our lairs and killed my fellow kind,
Worse was that our gifts we gave was corrupted from its path,
Our gifts have lost their power and we see the world unwind,
Man has forsaken the very world and released uncalled wrath...

My fellow Windsong are gone and I'm the last of my fallen kin,
My voice is swallowed by the noise of death and devastation,
All I can try to do is to turn the tides a whisper in bellowing din,
But the truth of it is in mankinds heart lies its own salvation...

1 comments:

Anonymous,  3:26 am, August 21, 2005  

Hey Zain, Andrew here. Nice poem. She'll be missed, we all loved her, but we know how much she meant to you. Take it easy bro, give me a call and can go yamcha some time. Haven't seen you in years.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP