Dragon Inspired...

>> Friday, August 05, 2005


Well, stoning at home, bored out of my mind, and inspired to write the thoughts in my head... What can I say, I've got too much to say, and too little time to do it... Haha, very funny... I've been lazing around the whole day, doing nothing with just my thoughts for company... How sad is that, eh? Damn it, I really need to find something to do with my wasted life! Well, no point moaning about it... Might as well do something about it... I wrote a few poems throughout the day, some good, some bad, some which didn't even come close to sounding like poetry... I know, I know, Monday was supposed to be poetry day, but I can't help it... Sitting at home with your mind in a reality all its own can do the weirdest things... Anyway, let the words start comin'... Hopefully you people like them... These were the best three from the shitload that I wrote today...

THIN LINE

Walk the narrow road to light,
With blindfold on devoid of sight,
Balance held with muscles tight,
You're alone to bear this savage plight...

One wrong step and you'll be gone,
To never see another dawn,
Like everyone else you're just a pawn,
With each beat of heart and breathe that's drawn...

So stay strong and look ahead,
Move along with careful tread,
You walk along the edge of blade,
With heart so pure you'll keep this stead...


FALL OF MANKIND

In ages past a single touch could change the course of time,
A written word or whispered sigh could do the same in rhyme,
Such was the gift of human will that hearts could breach the soul,
An ancient time so long past that all that's left is a gaping hole...

The tender touch has changed from such first to striking blade,
Modern age brings guns and bombs to destroy all that we've made,
From touch to push to cut to slash to burn to bullet shot,
Such annihilation wasn't enough that we came with plagues of rot...

The ways of speech have fallen too that nothing's left that's true,
The only truth that you can trust is the truth you find in you,
Words are used to manipulate to ones own desire,
And all that brings when closing comes is falling ash and fire...

Mankind has yet to learn the gifts imbued within our hearts,
Though men are all the same we've divided ourselves to parts,
The many tribes and nations wage a war just to be on top,
We've yet to learn our actions will cause mankinds heart to a stop...


WE ARE AS YOU ARE
Who are we to say that we are who we say we are?
Who are we to say that you are who you say you are?
We are who we say we are by what you say we are,
And you are who you say you are by what we say you are...


Well, that's enough of poetry for the day, or rather the week... Or at least that's what I say for now... Haha, I'm bored, tired, and my minds awake with all these thoughts about theology, mythology... Aaargh! Need sleep... The restless mind is the biggest bitch of them all... Hope you all enjoyed the poetry...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP