The Mind's A Cruel Thing...

>> Sunday, August 07, 2005


It's safe to say that The Dragon is out of his element... There's been a lot going on in my life in the past few weeks, and all those thoughts are constantly in my head... Did I see The Phoenix? What did The Princess mean with what she said? Can I trust the Magus with the secrets I told him? Aaargh, I need to get these thoughts out of my head, but I can't...
I think by now you all have noticed my tendency to refer to those in my life as characters and metaphors from a fantasy context... I don't know, it's a bad habit I picked up somewhere... However, it does help me to define who they are, and in the process define myself as well... I am, as you all are sure by now, The Dragon, better known as Sylverphyre... I'm not the only Dragon in my 'world', but I am the only one that seeks The Phoenix... The Phoenix, the love, the one that will have a hold on my heart... The Princess title has been passed around for a while, but currently it's on this one individual that's managed to keep the title longer than expected...
Yes, I know I'm rambling... But I'm awake, it's 2+ in the morning, and I've a mind that's plagued with thoughts, so bear with me ok? Once again, I couldn't get the vision of the Phoenix out of my head the whole day... I still can't believe I saw her yesterday... It can't be, can it? I still carry the scorched scars from my last encounter with her... How can there be a new Phoenix, when the scars of the old still remain upon my scalded scales?
Switching back to reality for a moment, yesterday I had to send Soraya home after she had dinner with my sister and some of her friends... It was a cast party of sorts for a performance they held recently... She needed a ride home, and me being my typical draconic self, couldn't say no... Was fun though, we talked and laughed... Still, she insisted she pay for the ice-cream, and even took my wallet to stop me from my tostesterone-ish rights of paying for it! Shame on you girl, taking my privileges away like that! Haha, kiddin'... It was fun, really good to smile again... To laugh, that's a whole different matter, but she did make me smile...
I also had to be the 'dragon' in shining armour later that night when a D.I.D. (Damsel In Distress) called me asking for help... Someone had spiked her drink with ecstacy in a club, and she wanted to leave before things got out of hand... Proud of her in that she managed to control herself and call for help... Been down that road, and know it wasn't easy... I pretty much sent her home and made sure she was okay before leaving... Wouldn't forgive myself if anything happened to her...
Talked to a close friend about the incident that night... She told me I care too much, that I should stop caring about others and start caring about myself... I can't agree on that though... We are defined by those around us, and I for one care about others more than myself... It's not what you can do for yourself, but what you can do for others that really matters... At least that's the way I see things... Of course, there are those that'd take advantage of the situation... I guess that's what my friend's afraid will happen to me... I mean, it wouldn't be the first time... You'd think I'd learn my lessson by now, but I just can't grasp the concept that genuine kindness has no place in the modern world...
I'm not praising myself here... I'm not saying I'm not selfish or anything... We're humans... Selfishness is a part of who we are whether we like it or not... I am far from perfect, if at all... It's just that seeing how our race has fallen so far so fast, and the fact that we not only deny the truth, but condemn ourselves even further by living the lie is disappointing... Yes, I'm really rambling now... I know that... Sorry, people... Haha... Too much in my head...
I think I'll end things here for now... If I don't I'll be sitting here typing away till the sun rises... Actually, probably even later than that... This is The Dragon, now and forever, contemplating...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP