Broken Mirror To The Soul

>> Thursday, December 29, 2005



Soul In Mirrored Eyes

Staring into eyes of mine,
Eyes so empty,
Eyes so dead,
Eyes devoid of any sign,

Break the mirror,
Million shards,
Shattered reflection,
Imperfection,

Staring into soul of mine,
Soul so hollow,
Soul so false,
Soul devoid of any sign,

Broke the mirror,
Million shards,
Unexpected action,
Such satisfaction,

Staring down at eyes of mine,
Eyes so many,
Eyes so true,
Eyes that for once are actually mine,

Broken mirror,
Million shards,
Fragmented reaction,
Yet no deception,

Staring into soul of mine,
Soul so scattered,
Soul so real,
Soul that for once gives me a sign,

Soul in the mirror,
Million shards,
True personification,
Me by definition...



When you look into a mirror, you'd expect to see yourself within it... A reflection of yourself stares right back at you, face to face, eye to eye... Is that the case though? The reflection you see is a perfect visual representation of you, but by no means is it a true reflection of who you are... Not by a long shot... Well, maybe so, if you're a really honest person that's so shallow and uncomplicated that one can take what they see of you as who you are, but what are the odds of that, right? Personally, I don't see myself when I look into a mirror... I see what the rest of the world sees of me, those that don't know me... It's a pale comparison to who, to what I really am... No, the time when I see myself in a reflection is when I take that damned mirror and throw it on the floor... Those fragments, the shattered image, that's who I really am... In a way, that's who we all are... I'd rather look through the fallen and broken mirror than to look into one undamaged, for none of us can be said to be perfect...
So why look at yourself through the broken mirror, you ask? Why should we see the many different reflections that look back at us from all those shattered pieces, those different angles? It's because we are as that broken reflection, each part a representation of us, and through each one we see things in a new view, a different way... The many selves that we see through those reflective shards gives us insight into our multi-faceted selves, and only then can we see the greater whole...
We may see a complete representation of us within an unbroken mirror, but it's just a mere illusion to the deeper complexities of our own conscience... It's a shortcut, an escape of sorts, rather than having to deal with the broken jigsaw of our own selves... It might also come as a surprise that in some cases, the unassembled jigsaw that is us makes more sense apart than put together... A shard of our past, a fragment of our dreams, a jagged representation of our fears, a disjointed view of our many possible futures, that's what we can see through the broken mirror...
I stood before a mirror once, but the lie that was my own false reflection was too much to bear, and now I stand before an empty frame,looking downwards to see a multitude of my very own eyes looking back at me... Through them, I finally am beginning to find myself and the answers I need in life... If you stood before a mirror, what would you choose?

1 comments:

Anonymous,  7:46 pm, December 29, 2005  

if i were to stand in front of a mirror, id rather see myself as a complete reflection rather than as fragments on the floor.
why?
cos i love to lie to myself despite me being an outwardly explicit and blatantly honest person.
id rather that i lie than i face my past, presnt and future and not be happy with wot i see.
to me, my hapiness is more important than truth. though many may argue that hapiness lies within truth and vice versa. im indifferent really, and right now im living a life of contradiction.
wot would i wanna see in the reflection?
stellar complection, long black hair, 23 inch waist and legs that defy my height. the exterior i see helps me to hide flaws, pain, misery, worry that place me vulnerable in front of loved ones.
so i choose to say " i love my reflection" not " i loathe you" to the broken pieces on the floor.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP